Friday, June 19, 2009

Testing

OMG, I think I get bored with myself and create these weird challenges.

At the beginning of the year i went vegetarian from January til Easter. I didn't have any good reason just to see if i could do it. I wanted to test my will power in a way. Is that odd, i knew i never planned to stop eating delicious meat but i just wanted to try it out. Its surprisingly a whole lot easier than you would think. There are a lot of options, but also a lot of temptation.

Now I'm trying a "Sober Week" as i have so cleverly named it. Just a test, no good reason for it either, (but i hardly ever have good reasons to do things) to see if i can really go 7 days without drinking. I'm not an alcoholic at all i usually only drink on the weekends and i don't always get drunk but i thought this was an interesting challenge. 7 days completely dry. I started on Thursday & its Friday now, and I'm so thirsty. No I'm totally kidding, not a bad deal at all the hard part was yesterday and only because my boss pissed me off and i went home and wanted to have a drink just to take the edge off, I'm sure you all know what i mean. But I'm better now, i talked it out and vented a bit. I really think this is going to be a breeze, should i maybe go for a month? Umm, no baby steps, lets not get carried away. lol.

Am i the only weirdo who does stuff like this or do you set personal goals or challenges for yourself, just because? I'm interested to know.

So for all of my Twitter friends have a drink for me this weekend and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. If you're weird then I am too! I set goals all the time! My parents and friends usually can't keep up with what i'm trying or not doing! They'll bring something up and i'm like..Dood I haven't thought about that in a while! Today is my friend's birthday party at a club and my goal is to actually enjoy it and dress up! lol

    ReplyDelete