Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rules

I don't talk to anyone but you all about this cause I'm just a naturally private person. i don't think I've even told anyone his name so that gives you an idea of how i am. things are going well, but i wonder about something.

i know as girls and doing the whole "talking" or "dating" thing there are certain rules. For instance there is the 3 day rule with calling/texting someone after meeting them. (My bff had never heard of it and i was like wtf!) Technically my friend failed on that one but only by 1 day. No big deal, cause I'm not one of those beat around the bush, play games type person.

Well now its gotten to the "talk everyday" stage. And i don't call guys, i know that may sound like I'm stuck up but the way i see it, unless they are officially your boyfriend, it should be the guy to call & if I'm interested ill answer. Every girl has their own rules and i don't think there is anything wrong with calling a guy but me personally cant do it. I know I'm a weirdo. So back to my point.

A friend (girl) told me that i should put a bit of space. Like if he calls maybe don't talk to him every 3 day or something. But i don't get it, why play? i mean i like talking to him, every time we have talked it has been for about 1hr at the least and that's rare for me. We talk about all sorts of random things from basketball to cars, and we have the same odd sense of humor which is fun. So why should i not talk to him if i want to.

But then of course that got me thinking, do i seem desperate or too available or by answering am i just showing that i am also into him and want to talk? Is that wrong if i am? Ive told him, if you don't want to talk to me, that's fine my feelings wont get hurt just don't call and that's that. No big deal, I'm not going to get all psycho and harass him or anything. So he knows what's up. Another friend (guy, Mike actually) just told me that he likes me and that by not answering he would think oh well maybe she isn't interested and he would probably stop calling or not as often.

So i feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. I mean i know what I'm going to do, I'm going to answer. I told him, "if i don't answer its cause i don't want to talk to you or I'm not interested" so if i don't answer, besides for like a real reason, (like being asleep or busy or stuff like that) its like I'm telling him nah i don't like you. But like he calls at night usually, he works evenings so I'm in bed watching TV or on the computer so I'm usually available. And besides id rather find out i don't like something about him while on the phone, as opposed to out in public. cause that would be awkward.

These rules are weird. I mean it doesn't really make sense in my tiny brain, it seems to be a little bit harder than it should be. I think I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing cause its working and cause I'm enjoying Trouble. On a side note I'm quite proud of myself for keeping my feelings in check. i mean i like the guy but I'm not attached, so yay! go me!

2 comments:

  1. Follow your heart! Screw the rules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See what happens when I get sick, I miss 2 of your blogs! Anyway, I say just do what feels right to you and most of all what works for you. We are all different so we cannot all abide by the same rules. We have all been affected by feelings in different ways so what works for one person may not work for another. If this feels right to you, then go with it. Deep down you'll know what to do :)

    ReplyDelete